At Movie Marker we are always happy to accept guest pitches. You don’t have to be a seasoned writer and this may be the first time you’ve ever pitched to an outlet. Either way we’d love to talk to you about your ideas.
All our writers are paid for their work, rates vary depending on the content and we will always disclose the rate to you ahead of you agreeing for your work to be published.
We accept pitches for movies you’ve seen and would like to review, or movies you will definitely have access to in the future. We love more in-depth features and news articles too. We do accept interviews, but you must have already secured the interview time with the subject. We aren’t able to accommodate pitches that ask to see a certain film or for access to interview actors and actresses.
- A pitch should be short and concise! Explain your idea in a sentence or two. You don’t have to send all your ideas for an article in the pitch, if we like the sound of it, we’ll definitely get back to you.
- If your pitch is time-sensitive, make sure we know! This is especially true for news articles – but also for reviews if the film is due out shortly. It’s unlikely we’ll accept a pitch to cover a film that came out a few weeks ago.
- Check the website first! We don’t publish multiple reviews of new films so if it’s already been covered we won’t be able to accept it!
- Fact Check! Make sure you check your sources of info, we don’t publish ‘rumours’ without a credible source.
- Don’t feel you just have to pitch here! Sometimes we may take a few days to get back to you, so if you find a home for your work elsewhere in the meantime that’s absolutely great! Just let us know when we do get back to you. On that note, we won’t publish content that isn’t ‘unique’, so if it’s published elsewhere we can’t use it!