Win a copy of Brooklyn!
To celebrate the release of the period romance Brooklyn, in UK cinemas 6th November 2015, Movie Marker is giving 5 readers the chance to win a copy of the novel, from which the film is adapted.
Brooklyn is the story of Ellis, a young woman who moves from small-town Ireland to Brooklyn, NY where she strives to forge a new life for herself, finding work and first love in the process. When a family tragedy brings her back to Ireland, she finds herself confronting a terrible dilemma – a heart-breaking choice between two men and two countries.
Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Domhnall Gleeson, Emory Cohen, Jim Broadbent and Julie Walters
Directed by: John Crowley
Produced by: Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey
Screenplay by: Nick Hornby
Adapted from the novel by: Colm Tóibín
For your chance to win a copy of the novel Brooklyn, all you need to do is head over to our Twitter, give us a follow & RT!
— Movie Marker (@MovieMarker) November 6, 2015
BROOKLYN will be released in UK cinemas on 6th November 2015.
©2015 Lions Gate UK Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes on Thursday 12th November at 11:59pm.
- The Promoter is Lions Gate International (UK) Limited of 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ (Company No. 08936180). The competition is run in association with Movie Marker
- Entrants must be aged 15 or over when entering the competition and resident in the UK. Proof of age and residence will be required to receive the prize.
- This competition is not open to employees of Lions Gate International (UK) Limited or Movie Marker or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- Entrants must have access to the internet in order to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition, users must retweet the post found on https://twitter.com/MovieMarker here: [https://twitter.com/MovieMarker/status/662547578370859008].
- A valid Twitter account that clearly identifies the holder as being a Twitter user is needed.
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- Prize for the winners is a copy of the novel Brooklyn
- The Promoter has the right to substitute each item in the prize with an item of equivalent rating and audience in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the prize winners.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random and contacted by a representative from Movie Marker by email/ telephone provided on entry/RT within 24 hours of the competition closing date.
- By entering the competition, the prize winners give consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver the prize caused by the postal/delivery service.
- If the prize winner(s) fail to respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner will be contacted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter or those partnered with this competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The names of the prize winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website and may be obtained for one month after the competition close date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing the request to the Marketing Team, Lionsgate, 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London W1W 8HJ and marked with the name ‘BROOKLYN Novel Winner’
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Bill and Ted 3 Is Inexplicably Happening, Sets Release Date
Bill and Ted 3 is happening. Original stars Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves both starred in a YouTube video yesterday...
Michael B. Jordan Teaming With Kong: Skull Island Director For Original Creature Feature
Nic Cage To Lead Martial Arts Comic Book Adaptation Jiu Jitsu
Destination: Dewsbury Releases April 9
Avengers: Infinity War Originally Didn’t End With ‘The Snap’
Taron Egerton On Portraying Elton John: “I Just Want To Make Him Happy”
Florence Pugh Joins Scarlett Johansson For Marvel’s Black Widow
News2 weeks ago
School of Rock Guitarist Joey Gaydos Jr. Arrested For Stealing Guitars
News1 week ago
Captain Marvel Scores $500 Million, As The MCU Crosses $18 Billion Worldwide
Movie Reviews2 weeks ago
Ray & Liz
News2 weeks ago
Green Book Passes $200 Million Thanks To Best Picture Boost, China
In Cinemas This Week2 weeks ago
Captain Marvel ★★★
Featured Review6 days ago
The Prodigy ★★
Indie News1 week ago
Sci-Fi Film FLASHOUT Releases Late March
News7 days ago
Rian Johnson’s Knives Out Wraps Filming