Win a copy of Brooklyn!
To celebrate the release of the period romance Brooklyn, in UK cinemas 6th November 2015, Movie Marker is giving 5 readers the chance to win a copy of the novel, from which the film is adapted.
Brooklyn is the story of Ellis, a young woman who moves from small-town Ireland to Brooklyn, NY where she strives to forge a new life for herself, finding work and first love in the process. When a family tragedy brings her back to Ireland, she finds herself confronting a terrible dilemma – a heart-breaking choice between two men and two countries.
Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Domhnall Gleeson, Emory Cohen, Jim Broadbent and Julie Walters
Directed by: John Crowley
Produced by: Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey
Screenplay by: Nick Hornby
Adapted from the novel by: Colm Tóibín
For your chance to win a copy of the novel Brooklyn, all you need to do is head over to our Twitter, give us a follow & RT!
— Movie Marker (@MovieMarker) November 6, 2015
BROOKLYN will be released in UK cinemas on 6th November 2015.
©2015 Lions Gate UK Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes on Thursday 12th November at 11:59pm.
- The Promoter is Lions Gate International (UK) Limited of 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ (Company No. 08936180). The competition is run in association with Movie Marker
- Entrants must be aged 15 or over when entering the competition and resident in the UK. Proof of age and residence will be required to receive the prize.
- This competition is not open to employees of Lions Gate International (UK) Limited or Movie Marker or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- Entrants must have access to the internet in order to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition, users must retweet the post found on https://twitter.com/MovieMarker here: [https://twitter.com/MovieMarker/status/662547578370859008].
- A valid Twitter account that clearly identifies the holder as being a Twitter user is needed.
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- Prize for the winners is a copy of the novel Brooklyn
- The Promoter has the right to substitute each item in the prize with an item of equivalent rating and audience in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the prize winners.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random and contacted by a representative from Movie Marker by email/ telephone provided on entry/RT within 24 hours of the competition closing date.
- By entering the competition, the prize winners give consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver the prize caused by the postal/delivery service.
- If the prize winner(s) fail to respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner will be contacted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter or those partnered with this competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The names of the prize winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website and may be obtained for one month after the competition close date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing the request to the Marketing Team, Lionsgate, 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London W1W 8HJ and marked with the name ‘BROOKLYN Novel Winner’
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
WIN – 3 Copies Of ‘God’s Own Country’ On DVD
A three-time winner at the British Independent Film Awards. Nominated for Outstanding British Film at this year’s BAFTA’s and a firm favourite with us last year.
To celebrate the home release of Francis Lee’s directorial debut ‘God’s Own Country’ starring Josh O’Connor and Alec Secareanu. We have three DVD copies of the film to give away!
To be in with a chance of winning. Simply answer the following question correctly…
Q: It was recently announced that Josh O’Connor will be starring in a brand-new six-part BBC adaptation of a classic Victor Hugo work. Name the novel.
- Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This competition will close on Sunday 4th February at midnight.
Johnny Saxby (Josh O’Connor) works long hours on his family’s remote farm in the north of England. He numbs the daily frustration of his lonely existence with nightly binge-drinking at the local pub and casual sex. But when a handsome Romanian migrant worker (Alec Secareanu) arrives to take up temporary work on the family farm, Johnny suddenly finds himself having to deal with emotions he has never felt before.
As they begin working closely together during lambing season, an intense relationship starts to form which could change Johnny’s life forever. Captivating and broodingly beautiful, GOD’S OWN COUNTRY is the award winning debut feature from writer/director Francis Lee. Bracingly open hearted, this is a thrillingly romantic story set in the heart of rural Yorkshire. Both poignant and moving, this finely crafted British film features a host of standout performances, marking it out as an absolute must see.
GOD’S OWN COUNTRY IS RELEASING ON BLU-RAY AND DVD FROM 29TH JAN.
Win! ‘The Limehouse Golem’ DVD, Book & Bill Nighy-Signed Poster
To celebrate the release of ‘The Limehouse Golem on DVD & Blu-ray from Boxing Day (December 26th 2017) we’re giving away a copy of the film on DVD, a copy of the book and a poster signed by Bill Nighy.
To win this great prize bundle, simply answer the question at the bottom of the page!
The tradition of serving up gothic terror at Christmas dates back to the 1800s and this year sees acclaimed thriller, THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM, enter the fray, arriving on digital platforms on Christmas Day and on Blu-ray and DVD on Boxing Day courtesy of Lionsgate Home Entertainment UK.
Victorian London is gripped with fear as a serial killer – dubbed The Limehouse Golem – is on the loose and leaving cryptic messages written in his victims’ blood. With few leads and increasing public pressure, Scotland Yard assigns the case to Inspector Kildare (Bill Nighy, Their Finest) – a seasoned detective with a troubled past and a sneaking suspicion he’s being set up to fail. Faced with a list of suspects, including music hall star Dan Leno (Douglas Booth, The Riot Club), Kildare must discover which one is the killer before the Golem strikes again.
Based on the novel by Peter Ackroyd and scripted by Jane Goldman (The Woman in Black), Olivia Cooke (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl), Sam Reid (’71), Daniel Mays (TV’s Line of Duty) and Eddie Marsan (Filth) star in suspenseful murder mystery, THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM; serving up the perfect antidote to the festive season’s more saccharine excesses.
Check out this clip from the film
Q. Bill Nighy, who stars in ‘The Limehouse Golem’, played which character in ‘Love, Actually’?
A. Prime Minister
B. Colin Frissell
C. Billy Mack
Win! Copies Of ‘Colossal’ (On Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Download 11th September)
To celebrate the release of Colossal on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital Download on Monday 11th September, we have copies of the film to give away to FIVE lucky readers! Simply answer the question below to be in with a chance!
Gloria (Anne Hathaway) is an out-of-work party girl who finds herself in relationship trouble with her sensible boyfriend, Tim (Dan Stevens), and is forced to move back to her tiny hometown to get her life back on track. She reconnects with childhood friend Oscar (Jason Sudeikis), a good-natured bar owner with a coterie of drinking buddies (Tim Blake Nelson and Austin Stowell), and resumes her drinking lifestyle.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, a larger-than-life creature begins attacking Seoul, South Korea on a nightly basis, captivating spectators around the world. One night, Gloria is horrified to discover a connection between these catastrophic events and her own fractured psyche.
Deconstructing the monster movie genre in wildly imaginative ways, writer-director Nacho Vigalondo (TIMECRIMES, EXTRATERRESTRIAL, OPEN WINDOWS) unleashes a fantastical tale that also triumphs as a wholly original and subversive romantic comedy.
Q: ‘Colossal’ Actor Dan Stevens recently starred as which live-action remake of a Disney classic?
Zachary Levi Is ‘Shazam!’ In Official Teaser Trailer
Fantastical Debut Trailer For ‘Aquaman’ Welcomes You To Atlantis
First ‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ Trailer Is An Atomic Blast
Official Comic-Con Trailer For ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’
A Look Inside ‘Mortal Engines’ Feature
Meryl Streep’s 21 Academy Award Nominations
The Game of Poker in James Bond Films
MM Supports: You Are My Sunshine
MM Supports: Violent Lines
Cannes 2018 Spotlight: Marcello Fonte Wins Best Actor For ‘Dogman’ Performance
News2 days ago
Lin-Manuel Miranda To Make His Directorial Debut With ‘Tick, Tick… Boom!’
News3 days ago
It’s Paratroopers Versus Nazi Zombies in ‘Overlord’ Trailer
Featured Review2 days ago
Hotel Artemis ★★★
Trailers4 days ago
Mission: Impossible – Fallout ”No Hard Feelings’ Clip
News3 days ago
New ‘Welcome To Marwen’ Trailer Is An Emotional Ride
News4 days ago
A Rooftop Cinema Screen is coming to Camden with a Best of British Film Season.
News4 days ago
Powerful Debut Trailer For Joel Edgerton’s ‘Boy Erased’
News4 days ago
Official ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Trailer Is Here To Rock Your World