Please find below a list of current vacancies:
Film News Writer (Paid Role)
Closing date: 30th April 2017
We are currently looking to hire a film news writer at Movie Marker.
The successful applicant will have
- An in-depth love and knowledge of film
- Experience in writing relevant and up-to-date content.
- Experience/Understanding of working with PR companies in order to provide content and to create leads for exclusive news.
- Experience of working with WordPress and SEO is advantageous but not essential as training can be provided.
- An understanding of the importance of social media in sharing news
What we ask:
- A commitment to posting breaking news – we ask for a minimum of 15 articles per week and 60 per month.
- A passion to develop Movie Marker as a source of interesting and breaking film news.
What we offer:
- This role will be paid per article (£0.75 GBP) and will be paid at the end of each month assuming the minimum number of articles has been met.
- Access to press screenings, events and festivals near you.
- A chance to gain valuable paid experience in an industry where paid roles aren’t always available
A full job description will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
Unfortunately due to the expected high number of applicants we will not consider applications that do not meet the following application criteria
Please send a copy of your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Film News Writer’
Please include in the email the reason why you would suit the role in no more than 100 words.
We are always on the look out for movie reviewers. At present we have no paid vacancies for this role, however regular contributors will be considered first when paid roles arise.
We are happy to accept reviews from those with or without experience of writing film reviews.
What we ask:
- There are no strict requirements for this role and you can contribute as much or as little as possible! The more you contribute, the more likely you are to be offered one of our paid roles when they arise.
- While we ideally look for reviews of current and future releases, we are happy to accept reviews of older films for our archives!
What we offer:
- Access to press screenings, events or film festivals that interest you
- To share your work with our readers and social media followers
- Provide references when applying for related roles
You can start contributing immediately by heading over to our SUBMIT A REVIEW page here
For further information please contact email@example.com
James Cameron Confirms Avatar Sequels Have Wrapped Production
In a video message, the director of the two highest-grossing films of all time (Avatar and Titanic) praised the ensemble of actors...