Connect with us

News

BFI Flare 2018 Opening/Closing Night Films Announced

Published

on

Entering its 32nd year this year, BFI Flare has always been a brilliant showcase of LGBTQ films.

Taking place once again at the BFI Southbank in London between Wednesday 21st March and Sunday 1st April, today has seen the announcement of its opening and closing night galas.

Kicking off the festival will be the UK premiere of Tali Shalom-Ezer’s My Days Of Mercy starring Inception’s Ellen Page and House Of Cards’ Kate Mara, observing a tender love story between two women armed with opposing political views. The film is written by the BAFTA-nominated writer Joe Barton (The Ritual).

Impressing last year in Beach Rats. Harris Dickinson will be leading the final film of the festival, the European premiere of Steve McLean’s Postcards From London starring alongside Ben Cura (Marcella) and Jonah Hauer-King (Little Women).

‘Postcards will tell the tale of teenager Jim (Dickinson), who suddenly falls in with an artistic gang of high-class male escorts, called The Raconteurs in a vibrant Soho.

The full programme for this year’s BFI Flare, will be announced on Wednesday 21st February.

News

James Wan to Produce ‘Train to Busan’ Remake

Published

on

Train to Busan Movie Marker

Gary Dauberman will write and James Wan will produce an English-language remake of popular zombie flick ‘Train to Busan’.

Dauberman recently scripted  The Nun, and coming on the heels of his script work on the Andy Muschietti-directed It and its sequel. I’m hearing that five bidders are circling or have made bids, and that the rights package will sell this week for a seven-figure sum. New Line, Universal (which just stepped out), Paramount, Lionsgate and Screen Gems are all in the mix.

The original was directed by San-ho Yeon and was a monster hit in South Korea, grossing $85 million overseas and only $2 million in the U.S. The setup: While a zombie virus breaks out in South Korea, passengers struggle to survive on the train from Seoul to Busan.

Though he’s not attached right now as director, Dauberman wrote Annabelle and is now directing the next installment which he also scripted. That films is at New Line, which is chasing this one like a zombie on a slow-moving human. Stay tuned.

Continue Reading

News

Disney set to use James Gunn’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3’ Script

Published

on

Sean Gunn Movie Marker

One of the many questions surrounding Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is whether Disney will use the script completed by writer/director James Gunn shortly before his firing in July. An early report suggested the studio likely intends to do just that, something now confirmed by the filmmaker’s brother Sean Gunn.

The actor, who plays the Ravager Kraglin and provides the motion-capture performance for Rocket Raccoon, assured Tulsa World the plan is to eventually move forward with Guardians 3, with James Gunn’s script.

“I know Disney still wants to make the movie,” he said. “I know that they have every intention of using the script that my brother wrote.”

Disney severed ties with James Gunn in July after old tweets, some dating back more than a decade, resurfaced in which he made offensive comments about rape and pedophilia. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was targeted to being production in early 2019, but last month Disney placed the project on indefinite hold

“Obviously, that was a very unfortunate situation for everybody, most of all him,” Sean Gunn told the newspaper, “but I am also somebody who had been preparing to spend half a year making that movie and now that’s up in the air. Obviously, I think it’s a tricky proposition for them to find another director to step in — and also the scheduling of a lot of other actors who are incredibly busy can’t be easy. But I know that they plan on making the movie. I had not been contacted at all for a while, but I was recently contacted by Marvel saying, ‘Yeah, we do plan to make this movie. We’re just not sure when yet.’”.

Continue Reading

News

Mel Gibson To Write, Direct The Wild Bunch Remake

Published

on

Controversial actor and director, and noted anti-Semite, Mel Gibson still somehow seems to be getting work. The What Women Want star has signed on to write and direct a remake of The Wild Bunch.

Gibson will co-write the new version of the Sam Peckinpah western with Bryan Bagby, and the feature will tell the tale of a group of legendary criminals looking for a final score during the twilight days of the great wild west.

The Wild Bunch will be the Mel Gibson’s first stab at directing since Hacksaw Ridge (back in 2016), which starred Andrew Garfield, and for which Gibson earned an Oscar nomination.

Warner Bros. have reportedly been attempting to force the feature through to the production stage for over a decade now, at one point even having Will Smith tentatively on board to star. Gibson was previously trying to get WWII thriller Destroyer into production instead, though that seems to have been put on a temporary hold.

It is currently unknown when The Wild Bunch will begin shooting, and no release date has been finalised.

Continue Reading

Trending